Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Exploding sinks

Hey everyone. We had a productive weekend. I got half of the basement organized, the big half. I worked from about 3:30 Sunday afternoon until about 9:30 when I got it done. What a MESS! Sheet rock dust everywhere. I have never really cleaned down there since we moved in because we kind of started tearing it apart soon and so half of the basement was still filled with boxes and stuff. After I was done I COULDN'T believe we fit all this stuff into two different apartments. I suppose we have accumulated a little in the past 2 1/2 years, but holy cow, we have too much stuff. (might I add... most of it is Josh's...he would probably disagree, but he doesn't throw anything away. Old Mt Dew bottles that he's sure will be worth money some day, boxes of magazines that are "refrence", refrence for what I have no idea, a rubber foot that he uses to scare me with...anyway you get the point. I like to throw things away... he does not. :)
My back was killing me by the time I was done and I couldn't move a muscle. But it still felt good to have it done.

We have a clog in our kitchen sink so I think Josh is going to tear that apart tonight. I have some dishes that need washed, but I can't do it because the water won't go down. We have tried two bottles of Drayno to no avail.

We were blessed with a free crib yesterday. Some friends from Crown GAVE us a crib. His name is Dave and his wife ran a daycare from their home and is getting out of it so they wanted to get rid of one of the cribs. We went over last night to look at it. It's white and that's what I wanted. I was very glad to get it because they are very expensive.

Last night I started doing some laundry and I had a couple of towels to add to the piles and I walked downstairs and what do I find? The laundry sink OVERFLOWING ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Our laundry room is tiled, so I wasn't really that worried there, but it had gone in the direction of Josh's office and I was REALLY scared the water was going to get the brand new carpet wet. I threw a towel down and was really glad to see it hadn't reached that far yet, but there was a ton of water to clean up. Apparently a rag we used to paint with plugged up the drain in the sink so when the water drained from the washing machine into the tub it overflowed. I got it cleaned up with no damage, but boy was I scared for a minute!

Sounds like we have alot of sink problems right now. :) Talk to you all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home